Truths

Truths
Love This

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Mary, the Mother of Jesus

Last night, May 6th, at St. Chrysostom's Church, we had an evening celebrating Mary, the Mother of Jesus. It was really interesting, because in the Lutheran church, we talk about Mary a bit, when the angel Gabriel comes to make his big life-altering announcement and then she's mentioned a few other times in the Gospels, but other than that, she pretty much fades into the background, so I've never really known a lot about her. In some Anglican churches here, Mary is a central figure, and in the church where I work, the month of May is referred to as Mary's month. Having an entire evening devoted to her was a new thing for me, but it was a lovely service, and I did get to hide behind the altar table and run the slideshow, and no one even knew I was back there until the end, when Father Ian, in his thank you's, announced that I had been the one running the slideshow :) So it was interesting to know why Mary is revered more in some denominations, and I'm glad I got to be a part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment