Truths

Truths
Love This

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Manchester Remembers...

Manchester Remembers. It's a phrase I've seen a lot of today. It took a few minutes to click, but then I remembered. A year ago today, a terrorist set off a bomb in the Manchester Arena, killing himself and 22 others, as they were leaving an Ariana Grande concert. There were quite a few events around Manchester today in remembrance. I have lived in Manchester for almost 9 months now, and it is one of the most interesting and best places that I have ever lived. The people that I have met are wonderful, and I enjoy seeing the worker bee symbol, literally, everywhere. The worker bee symbol showed up during the Industrial Revolution in the 19th century, but since last year it has become a symbol for unity and strength. A year ago I didn't yet know that I would be living in Manchester. I knew I would be somewhere in The United Kingdom, but two days after the attack I found out that the church where I am working now wanted to interview me, and then in early June I got the official word. My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones in the attack last year, it's hard losing loved ones in any circumstance, but I can't imagine the pain of losing someone to such a horrible act of violence. From what I have experienced, Manchester knows how to pull together, and I love it here, and it will be very hard to leave. Manchester Remembers, and I will remember Manchester.

No comments:

Post a Comment